Door speaker noise in 2004 Forester

Just got back from the dealer, where they put more insulation in both doors to stop the irritating buzzing from the vibrations from music playing on the Cd player and radio. Took them 3 tries, but I think they finally got it right. Next our other 2004 Forester is going in for the same fix. Is it a common problem with the Foresters or are we just unlucky?

Reply to
tenplay

Probably common. The annoying buzz was from the clear plastic sheet that resides right behind the door panels. On every hard bass note, any flap near any air pocket that was not taped, glued, or fastened down tended to vibrate like a rattle snake tail.

Reply to
Xtranet

I wonder why then more 2004 Forester owners are not taking their Foresters back to the dealers to get it corrected. At least this is what the service manager at our dealer said. He said that he had to call Subaru hq to find out what the fix was, which turned out as you state to be taping the plastic sheet down. I wonder if most Forester owners are just too polite to complain or never turn up the bass. I play our radio/CD just loud enough to hear the music above the road noise, and the noise from the door speakers was driving me crazy.

Reply to
tenplay