Headlight protection

Just got my new 08 Forester. Any ideas on the best headlight and foglight protection offered? I am hoping to keep the outer lens from fogging as they have done on our Outback wagon.

Thanks, CAM

Reply to
Charles Augustus Milverton

Other than using a Rockblocker type of film - I dunno. Even that may only protect from pitting, not sure about 'yellowing' though it seems likely.

Jamie at

sells it, plenty of other places as well (even eBay)

Carl

Reply to
Carl 1 Lucky Texan

Thanks for the input. I found a place that has thick, flexible, adhesive backed plastic sheets to protect headlights, etc. It looks like it should work. CAM

Reply to
Charles Augustus Milverton

Wouldn't it be UV that attacks the plastic, and a UV blocker might protect them? Ozone may get to them, so sealing them should help also.

VF

Reply to
houndman

we use those clear decals that you put over them. Use them on both the subaru and bmw (plastic & glass lenses) Keeps rock chips from damaging,a nd that "yellow" too from sand pitting....

Reply to
Josh Assing

Try

I may be off in the spelling if link is no good Google for griot's garage Glenn

Reply to
Glenn Klein

I use them for the foglights on my OBW (I took the grates off). They're 3mm thick plastic. I got them in yellow, which cuts through fog much better than white.

Reply to
John Rethorst