Installing Sirius tuner in Legacy Wagon , HU ,Ant.

Hi , I'm thinking of swapping out my stock HU with a Kenwood with Sirius controller . Also placing a hard wired Satellite tuner in the cargo area and antenna on the rear roof . Anyone have any suggestions about how to run the control wire and power/ground wires under the carpet from the HU to the cargo area in back ? Also any ideas on bringing the small antenna wires around the hatch rim and into the vehicle ? I did the install on my old honda civic which went o.k. but this seems like a more complex install , also I didn't do so good getting the wires run under the carpet .Or , should I just pay a pro $75 to install it ?

Thanks in advance TBaker

Reply to
Tony Baker

Thanks in advance TBaker

Reply to
Kent Dorfman

Have the same config you mention - Kenwood head unit plus Sirius tuner, but the tuner is under the passenger seat - was installed free as part of a package. They ran the antenna wire from the rear hatch under the roof lining to the door pillar, then down to the tuner.

However, had an issue with the install where they didn't reconnect the AM/FM in-glass antenna amplifier - took a couple of attempts for them to understand the issue, but then they fixed it.

Now do not like to drive in a car without Sirius service :)

Reply to
Alan Pollard