my "Subaru for Free" story.

white 93 loyale, 5spd. (131k) This car was going to be junked, right out of "hillbilly paradise"

Reply to
barry

It's hard to imagine someone maintaining a car so badly. (The previous owner, not you)

Reply to
Jim Stewart

Too true. My question is: "How did this car keep passing Maine state inspection?" (it had a new recent inspection sticker on it when i got it.) 1. there was chunks missing off the "supposed to be balanced with a required thickness" rotors. 2. the functioning a/c pump with belts still driving it ,on a now outdated r-12 system, with a very badly leaking a/c condensor. 3. the tires were bald. 4. cracks in windsheild arent allowable in the spot it was in for inspection. 5. the trunk lid had a "bunjy cord" not quite holding it shut, for the exhaust to conveniently suck back through the car. (as soon as you opened any window, I could smell it.) 6. cv joints can not have broken boots. I recently read about a Maine state police "crack down" on bad inspectors "saving" the poor mans wallet. It seems they can't catch them all........

Reply to
barry

What's your favorite whiskey, nudge, nudge, wink, wink?

Rick

Reply to
Rick Courtright

Hell I'll get you a case, yo' my Maaine man... Cheers

Reply to
hippo