93 loyale 4x4

hey, when 4 wheel drive is engaged, the right front wheel seems to lock when i turn . what would cause this? any ideas? thanks, sokrnut

Reply to
sokrnut

Hi,

According to my owners manual, the 4wd system is designed to be used with a little "slip" on the road: e.g. wet, snow, icy kinds of conditions. If engaged on dry pavement, it's quite possible to have a wheel lock. In a tight turn, like getting out of a parking place, my '90 has locked tightly enough the car wouldn't move until the wheels were straightened. That's my only experience with this "problem."

Rick

Reply to
Rick Courtright