Starting problem w/'03 Baja

I've a 3 month old Baja that has a funny malady when starting. Without touching the accel pedal it will start then die. Start again and things are fine, no stutter, or whatever. This primarily happens for over a night or 2 of sitting and/or when nights get down to 50 or so. It started happening about a month after I got it.

The dealer has reprogrammed the ICU to no avail; they thought it was a "corn oil in gas" problem in the area. I feel it a thermal switch somewhere that's marginal in operation, etc. I say that because I had a '84 BMW with a simliar problem, but it generally happened 3-5 mintues after starting, often when running down the street it would die then restart 3-5 minutes later and run perfectly. Turned out to be a thermal switch "somewhere under the hood."

Any suggestions appreciated, Don

Reply to
Don Nickell

touching the accel pedal it will start then die. Start again and things are fine, no stutter, or whatever. This primarily happens for over a night or 2 of sitting and/or when nights get down to 50 or so. It started happening about a month after I got it.

Thanks, Dan, just received another message concerning that same solution. I'll call tomorrow and check with my dealer's service department!

Don

Reply to
Don Nickell