UK IMPREZA OWNERS 2L NON TURBO owners please read

Hi, thanks for reading.

My 1998 UK2L non-turbo Forester needs a new rear exahust silencer, Subaru Dealer Price to supply the part is £169 + VAT !!!.

Looking at a Subaru parts CD Rom it would seem that the same Subaru part no. is used for 2L non-turbo Imprezas.

After market parts from Bosal & Timax exist for the 2L non-turbo Impreza but are not listed for the Forester and typically cost around £ 60.00

I know the mountings & mid pipe joint match up OK but want to know the length of silencer box from front edge of the box to the end of the tail pipe piece on a pre 2002 2L Impreza non-turbo.

It will take you a couple of mins with a tape, could some kind person measure this on their Impreza 2L non-turbo and post the measurement here.

Having just been laid off (nice start to 2005) I can not afford to be "porked over" by a Suabru dealer (non of the three in my area even have one in stock though) and need to save a £100 if I can.

All the motor factors and exhaust centres I have phoned advise they have nothing listed for the Forester !.

Please please help if you can.

Best Regards and thanks

Marcus

Reply to