What's this for?

I have a '97 Outback with cloth seats. What is the plastic tray/catchall in the center of the rear seat? Reminds me of an ashtray.

Sheldon

Reply to
Sheldon

You store the seatbelt buckles in it before opening the seat cushion, so you don't have to fish for them after you put the seat cushion back.

Cheers,

Reply to
Paul Pluzhnikov

Reminds the kids of a trash can. Thus, it's filled with napkins, Reese's Cup wrappers, and empty ketchup packets.

It's actual use is described in the manual...for the belts.

-John O

Reply to
JohnO

Thanks, guys. Actually, your use sounds much more reasonable for anyone in the back seat. {-)

Reply to
Sheldon