08 Altima 2.5 rental car

I rent about 2 cars per month and put on about 1000 miles each time. Last week's car was an 08 Altima and without a doubt it is the best car I have ever rented. Very comfortable, 2.5 L, 8.5 sec 0 to 60, 30 mpg combined. I am also looking for a car to buy and this is on top at the moment.

A couple of questions though: How reliable is the CVT compared to a "normal" trans? The brakes were very touchy - Is that normal? The steering had no feel and no effort needed - Is that normal? Torque steer was very noticeable. How is the 3.5 vs. torque steer? Especially in the smaller 2 dr. coupe? Does the 3.5 have a stiffer suspension? TIA, Paul

Reply to
Paul

Thanks NissTech.

Reply to
Paul

Very reliable, it's been a big secuess for Nissan

maybe touchy to you but not much difference if you have driven Nissan vehicles before,just takes some getting used to

Kinda like a Honda at low speeds eh ? very maneuverable, as the spped increases the steering stiffens.

Torque steer in normal to all front wheel drive vehicles

maybe a little , it has to carry a bigger engine

Reply to
NissTech

If the engine is transverse there can be torque steer, but most manufacturers have improved the situation significantly by using unequal length half shafts. FWD vehicles with the engine along the car axis don't have torque steer- the mid 90s Chrysler LH cars are an example of this design.

Reply to
Josh S