About how many miles???

Hi guys and gals, I have a 1994 Ford Explorer XLT 4wd V6. I was wondering AROUND how many miles should I be getting to a tank full of gas???? I have been using the little milage gauge and it tells me i'm only getting around

200 miles per tank. That seems pretty low to me and was wondering if this is correct. Thanks!
Reply to
Darby

Low is subjective.

  1. fill up tank with gasoline.
  2. look at odometer, note miles.
3.drive till needing more fuel. you don't have to do this all at once.
  1. fill up tank with gasoline, note amount of gallons of fuel pumped.
5.look at odometer. note miles. 6.subtract fisrt miles number from this second miles number to obtain difference.(miles driven) 7.divide number of miles driven by number of gallons pumped to derive miles per gallon. (MPG) 8.multiply MPG by capacity of fuel tank in gallons. Check your owners manual for tank capacity.

Reply to
Darby OGill

Reply to
Big Shoe

Well, if I don't put my '91 in 4WD I'll usually begin to feel an urgent need to get gas at about 230 miles. That's with some highway and some dirt roads and some city driving. I think I get around 16 mpg usually but I gave up checking it years ago. I have a light foot except when getting on the freeway. It gets put in 4WD on nearly every tankful.

Reply to
Ulysses

Around town I don't expect to get more then a little over 200 on a tank. On a trip I can usually go about 300. When I check the mpg it's usually between 13 - 15 for city/commuting and maybe 20 on a trip. For as underpowered as it is, the mileage isn't very good but it's about the same as all the rest.

Reply to
Ashton Crusher