93 GMC Suburban - how to remove t/s lever

As the subject says - I got the column apart (to replace the turn signal switch) - thats done, and I want to replace the lever/stalk too (wiper switch turns freely).. I pulled the main pin to disconnect the t/s lever from the collar - but I can't get the actual lever out from the switch part - I hope that makes sense

is the lever to put in - It seems there's a clip, but I can't "see" where the clip is that holds it into place.. thx

My memory is vague, but I believe you just pull out on the lever sharply. I believe there is a internal circlip of some kind in the turn signal switch housing that retains the stalk. Dont take this as gospel. I just noticed noone had replied yet.

Am I correct in assuming that you have a new cruise/wiper stalk and a new TS switch (already installed)? Don't you just need to push the new stalk into place and connect the wire harnass? Forgive me if I don't get what you are asking.

Toyota MDT in MO

Reply to
Comboverfish