Any diesel mechanic gurus on here?

HLS,

Yes, it could have been avoid but ONLY if I sat back and took the bullshit comments.

If you truly can't see that by knowing the posts from the beginning, then, you are just like them.

Just for fun though, which beginning posts did YOU find hostile? I am certain (sure) that you are open and forthcoming.

buffalo

aarcuda,

I really think that this is beyond you.

buffalo

Why wait until now to think?

Who?

Reply to
aarcuda69062

It tells much about you, aarcuda, that every post from you from the beginning of your posts, has been nothing but sarcasm. Not one helpful thing was said. Typical of this group's regulars.

Reply to
buffalo

Your very first post, where you took the position that most here were uneducated dumbasses, was hostile.

I did not respond. I am a semiprofessional, hobbyist, mechanic, meaning that I have worked professionally in the past, but am only in it as a hobby now.

I know a fair amount about diesel engines, but am certainly not a guru. Almost everyone here would be pleased to help. We are all enthusiasts, and some are more professional than others. People like Ian, Aarcuda, and Comboverfish are highly qualified and presently are employed in the field. And there are others as well.

I have known these people for a long long time, and can say that they are quality folks.

I have known Mike Romain online and have a considerable respect for him.

Lets just let it subside. You have fixed your diesel, now, in whatever fashion. I would welcome you to contribute when possible, and lets let the animosity subside.

Reply to
<HLS

Damn, Aarcuda, if you had the national following that Bevis and Butthead had, you could retire...;>)

Reply to
<HLS

and you *so* make me want to help you with your attitude.

Reply to
Nate Nagel

buffalo has left no doubt at all about who he is..... lol

Reply to
Bob

HLS,

I am a firm believer in that old saw that if you can't take the answer, don't ask the question.

I certainly can take the answer and I want to thank you for your candor. Here we go, though; my very first post had nothing whatsoever suggesting that I thought most here were dumbasses. It didn't take me very long to find that they were or, those who posted were.

If you think that my asking if there were any diesel wizards here was hostile, I just don't get it. How is someone supposed to know anything without asking? My assumption, although perhaps incorrect is that most here are gasoline engine types and that is why I asked about diesel types.

Further, if you get around Usenet very much, you will understand that there are a plethora of 'wannabes' that will proffer a bunch of b.s. and waste the person's time trying to make themselves look good or appear as if they know something - anything. It is very common. All you have to do is to look around the newsgroups.

As it turned out, since the above types started the b.s., I did waste time and I did become hostile but I surely was not in the beginning.

I also note that your showering of accolades to a few here, reminds me of Aunt Gertrude or whomever, who swoons and titters about how Dr. Such and such is such a good and competent physician while all that she is basing this on is his nice bedside manner.

Anyway, thanks for the input but I suggest that you carry some baggage if you think my very first post was hostile.

buffalo

Nate,

I don't want or need your help. Show me where I asked for it?

buffalo

In arrcuda's case, it reminds me of another adage that particularly pertains to him and so many in this group: "God really loved the ignorant for he made so many of them".

buffalo

Bob,

I am glad of that. That was my intention.

buffalo

And you did a good job of it, I doubt anyone has any doubts about whether you are a fool or not.

Reply to
Bob

That is good, too.

buffalo

If you can't take the answer, don't ask the question. My post didn't suggest that most here are dumbasses. It didn't take me long to find that they are. Usenet 'wannabes' proffer b.s. and waste time. If you think my first post was hostile I think you carry some baggage. I wasted my time and became hostile after the above types started the b.s. __________________________________________________________

Please. Give this person back the money he paid for the advice.

Rodan.

Reply to
Rodan

You appear to know a lot about Usenet...or at least that's what you want us to think. In that case, you should already know that the best way to ask a question is to simply lay out all the facts, and then take a look at the answers and weed out the ones that aren't helpful or relevent. Instead...you start out by asking an almost unanswerable question....."who's a diesel guru".

See...you know the score. So what do you do? Come in and try to stir the shit up! You got what you deserved. Even the fellow that was "attempting" to help you thought better of it after awhile.

But it did make for an interesting newsgroup diversion. I can only hope that more maggots like you will stumble into these newsgroups and provide some humour for us. It's often pretty boring in here.

Ian

Reply to
shiden_kai

I really do believe it is boring for you. What possible entertainment could you provide each other except for trying to impress each other and since, from what I have seen demonstrated, you can only impress your ignorance upon each other. How boring.

buffalo

(laugh)....damn you're good! Keep it up. We haven't had this much fun in months. Come on....give us another "zinger". Come on...I dare ya! Heh heh...

Ian

Reply to
shiden_kai

Aw, shoot, now you are embarrassing me. If you would simply take a bath, hitch a ride to town and see what the world has to offer, you would find that I am just an amateur. So, an amateur is what it takes to put you in shock and awe.

buffalo

Wow, long thread so I only read a few. Did you get it going? I have worked on a few Onans for the Air Force base. does yours have an electric or manual shut off on the injector pump that might not be working? Just a thought. John

Reply to
John P.