Brake wobble

Hi All,

Here is the "brake" problem with my son's 1996 S-10 2WD Blazer (ALB):

After driving the car a while then applying the brakes, it feels like the rotors are warped, it wobbles (bumps) slightly. This does not happen immediately but after some stop/and go traffic, then it will be constant. Also, when the wobble happens it will also squeak while braking.

There were a few problem that were corrected but here is a list of what I have done in the past two weeks:

Power brake booster, master cylinder, two front calipers.

My thoughts are geared towards the rotors and/or the brake cables to the calipers. I know less than nothing about anti-lock brakes.

I would appreciate any help on this matter.

Thanks in Advance Hank

Reply to
Hank

It isn't quite clear: Did you replace the rotors when you replaced the calipers?

If you didn't, you probably should have at least had them machined to true them. And the lug nuts should have been torqued, not just tightened, when you put it all back together.

Excessive heat cause rotors to warp, get hard spots. One reason for excessive heat is sticking calipers, either on the slides or the pistons, but you replaced those. Another reason is malfunctioning rear brakes. Once warped or deformed, they have to be remachined or replaced. (Have seen one case where loosening and retorqueing cured it.)

Reply to
Larry Smith

I just found your post here by accident.

No... (should have know better) I did not change the rotors because they looked pretty good.

I have a new set of rotors in my garage waiting to be installed. Hope my son does not ruin the calipers with the heat from the "old" rotors.

Thanks for your input... it confirms mine which makes me feel better.

Hank

Reply to
Hank