Ever been in that situation

When the crooks are out of business, others will go into business.

It is not rocket science to mount a tire to a rim properly, to balance the assembly, and to bolt it to the hub and torque with a torque wrench.

If they cant handle that, they need to be out of business.

I still remember how to demount a tire using irons, and remount them manually. It isnt as easy as pushing a f***ing button, but I can still do it.

Reply to
HLS

You all seem hell bent on turning the tire business into the health care business.

Frankly, I don't really care because like I said earlier, I don't bust tires, I haven't busted tires for over 35 years. it's a base entry level job.

I DO think you should be careful what you ask for and also consider who originally suggested it...

Reply to
aarcuda69062

The people around here whom work at the used tires places, they couldn't care less than less.To them, as far as they are concerned, it is another day, another dollar. cuhulin

Reply to
cuhulin

You're buying the cheapest you can find, under those circumstances what were you expecting?

Quit being a bottom feeder and watch those problems disappear.

Reply to
aarcuda69062

I bought a new set of tires not long ago for my 1978 Dodge van.No more than I drive anywhere nowadays, about 240 something miles each year and only on the slow poke back roads, and at my age, (sixty six) I probally won't live long enough to wear those tires out, dry rot will probally do them in first. . There is an old used tires place a few miles from doggys couch, the name of that place used to be MAYPOP Used Tires.They changed the name of that place. cuhulin

Reply to
cuhulin

Ah, I presume this place is in Toronto or area?

Reply to
Ed Treijs

I dont guess I fully understand your post, Aarcuda.

At this point, I dont have to do business with crooks and thieves, particularly in the tire business.

I have had enough rotors warped because of ham fisted tire changers, and have learned not to accept that sort of business any more.

Reply to
HLS

Duhulin thinks lawsuits are the answer. As an ESO, I think that's full of shit.

And I am glad that you don't.

I have had enough belly aches because of fast food and have learned not to eat at those sort of restaurants anymore.

Reply to
aarcuda69062

Obviously he doesn't, and he doesn't understand the difference.

I'm guessing that that isn't at the used tire place.

No one should.

If you don't do business with them, why would you need to sue them?

Reply to
aarcuda69062

I wouldnt be able to sue them under this Act unless I had done business with them and had suffered from their trade practices.

A lot of people in Texas dont even realize that we have one of the most powerful consumer protection laws in the nation. But, the state government does not go out and police it...if you are involved in a transaction, you can sue them..

There are many parts of this law, but a few interesting ones are: (1) You cannot charge a surcharge for use of a credit card. You can, however, offer a discount for cash purchases. (2) You cannot claim to be incorporated if you are not. Inc. is more than just a part of a company name. (3) If you tell someone that "this will fix your problem", then it had better fix his problem. Whatever problem you have committed to fix, that is. (4) You cannot advertise a "going out of business" sale unless you are factually going out of business.

Clearly you cant "bait and switch", or fix one thing and set up another to break, etc etc.

Im glad you clarified your position. I have known you to post valuable and accurate answers here for a long time, and was concerned that you seemed to be siding with the bad boys of the auto repair world.

Reply to
HLS

Thank you. I just wanted everyone to understand that anything you do to the bad boys is going to effect the good boys also. You may get your justice, but it's going to come at an increased cost for everyone. (like health care)

Lawsuits may seem to be a solution, they are if you're an attorney.

Reply to
aarcuda69062

I haven't had any big problems with any tire shops yet.Wheels that are on there too tight, I know how to deal with those too tight lug nuts.Cheater pipes are the greatest invention to mankind (womankind too.An old buddy of mine, he once opined/joked that his wife has to use a pipe wrench to unroll a roll of toilet paper) cuhulin

Reply to
cuhulin

Lawsuits are a hard solution to problems that could normally be solved otherwise, if people would listen and work together. Laziness and greed sometimes overcome the ethics of both the supplier and the consumer.

Reply to
HLS

Went to Home Despot last week for a L6-20 plug for my (tool gloat) newly acquired plasma cutter. One register open, I get in line. Dude comes up and asks if I want to use the self check out. I reply; I'm not interested in working for Home Depot. The look on his face was priceless.

Reply to
aarcuda69062

The Wal Mart stores around here have some of those self check out thingys.I never use them.I always pay cash. cuhulin

Reply to
cuhulin

I use them a lot, and can either pay cash, or use a debit or credit card.

Usually the lines are shorter at these self checkout counters, making them somewhat of an advantage.

I guess I am a little Type A impatient. One of the things that really pisses me off is to stand in a line and then have the person in front of me pull out a sock full of coupons, food stamps, etc and start fishing through them. Another turn off is the little old bluehair who waits until all her groceries are checked before she starting fishing through her "mother of all purses" bag, trying to find her freaking checkbook. And cant.....and cant...and cant...

Reply to
HLS

What other uncompensated jobs do you have?

And the stores use that to their advantage. I really DO view these self check outs as a social experiment of the most perverse kind...

Went in to Costco today to get a jug of Go-Jo, the lady in line in front of me offered to let me go ahead of her, I graciously declined and related to her that last week the people ahead of me had 4 shopping carts piled high and since they were speaking Russian, they probably were shipping the stuff back to their homeland. We had a good laugh. I've found that the best way to handle my impatience is to embrace life's little delays and use the time to just enjoy my surroundings.

The one good thing about the blue hair is that at that particular moment in time, she's not cutting anyone off in traffic. ;-)

Reply to
aarcuda69062

No job is every uncompensated, in one way or another.

You definitely have a point.

Reply to
HLS

Maybe I don't understand the self check out system. Do you get a % discount on your purchase when using it?

For most people, if they use the self serve pump at the gas station, they get the gasoline for less money than the full service pump.

Reply to
aarcuda69062

I do my food shopping at a Wal Mart store, about one and a half miles from me.When the check out lines are too long to suit me, I push my shopping cart over to the yard and garden department.Usually, there is no waiting at all there. cuhulin

Reply to
cuhulin