anyone ever been to TOTB?

anyone ever been to

not sure to make the effort to get up there, it's a f*ck off long way for me and a poorly E36, not sure if i should make the effort to get up there hmmm anyone been is it worth making the trek?

Reply to
Vamp

never been, but seen it on TV, and seen of the cars, and I've been over to Elvington airfield for a trackday.

There is the air museum but I'm not sure what facilities there are, so take food.

Some of the cars are awesome, but from a spectator point of view, the paddock is normally open to the public on normal trackday, but I don't know about TOTB, there is only a small area of the track you can see clearly without a zoom lens.

Reply to
Elder

oooh - looks entertaining - might go, only 30 miles for me!

Reply to
Tim S Kemp

i might just buy the DVD when it comes out see more that way haha not sure bout the BMW, engine seems fine just uses a bit of oil if i watch that SHOULD be ok but i've not got total confidence in the car so knowing my luck! BOOM

Reply to
Vamp

It's all of... seven miles for me.

TOTB is good to go to meet, track viewing is okay... it'll be a bloody hot day.

Elvingon is where Kermy showed up a modified MR2!

aaaah the memories.

Reply to
DervMan

No, but it's only about 35 miles from me.

Hmmmm.

David

Reply to
David Lane

The paddock has been totally open on previous TOTB, I went to 3 and some mates went to 4. Good chance of one of the demo cars dipping into the 8's, and the competitive cars will be into the 9's. Make sure you get up to the top speed viewing area, there has been cars breaking 200 at the last two events, and apparently it's quite impressive to watch. Car parking is on the main runway, the car park is as interesting as the main event ;-) The handling circuit is easily viewable from the trade stand area, at totb3 one of the calder scoobys managed quite an impressive crash when the throttle stuck open :-)

Reply to
Andrew Jewitt

Ah right, OK. Last time I was at Elvington, it was a Saab Club trackday, and parking was the entrance road (the wide apron of tarmac) to the paddock. I imagine that for TOTB it would be necessary to get spectators a little closer.

Reply to
Elder

I'm meant to be going, only about 40 miles away :-)

This sounds like a Mods meet chance....

Reply to
DanTXD

coool

Shame I've not got a modded car to come in any more.

Reply to
Tim S Kemp

None whatsoever - what about the wipers?

Reply to
DervMan

Didn't you fit a Goodman's MAX ICE INSTALL III headunit to your car? Isn't that modding? (c:

Reply to
Douglas Payne

Ahh yes. And there's the dent in the door, and I removed the cassette holder.

Reply to
Tim S Kemp

Please, stop swearing.

Reply to
Tim S Kemp

Are you going? I'll be there.

Reply to
Tim S Kemp

Anybody who's going keep an eye out for my mate Stevie in the Granada, he'll be trying to get into the 9s

Reply to
ThePunisher

Nope, can't afford it. I'd love too, I made an impulse buy last week and have no money spare, pity because he had a free place in the car.

Reply to
ThePunisher