FREON LEAK DETECTOR NEEDED ASAP

Hi, folks.

I need an inexpensive halogen/Freon leak detector for automotive use as soon as possible.

What are the names of some good units?

Does anyone have a working unit for sale in this group?

Thanks

j/b

Reply to
justme

The cheapest will be found at Harbour Freight. You may have a store close to you, check the internet. Other than that you can order from them and get it in the mail. I don't currently own a leak detector. I just look for where the oil is comeing out and I've found my leak. Leak detectors are hard to use for most people. I've had the propane type and can tell you it requires some interpretation. I left it behind in the restaurant I used to work at. You can always ask an AC guy to find the leak for you, maybe $50, and then fix it yourself. But often fixing one leak will cause another to apear very soon afterwards.

AC work is not for the faint of heart. It can be learned, but not usually overnight.

Reply to
disston