front suspension

I am looking a for the front suspension components for a new 3 wheeler design. I need a front end that DOES NOT use Macpherson struts. Can anyone tell me which cars meet this criteria? Please cc my email snipped-for-privacy@gmail.com Thank you

Reply to
rondoc

Too many to list. Most cars made prior to 1980 to start with, many made afterwards as well.

Reply to
Brent P

rondoc wrote in news:fe82bb83-6fc0-4413-9766- snipped-for-privacy@q26g2000prq.googlegroups.com:

Which end has the single wheel?

Reply to
Tegger

Lots of them. The question is which ones are light weight and mount with low components. One thing I thought about while looking for suspension parts for a a Tri Magnum I decided that the front suspension pieces of an S series might work. The lower A arms have torsion bar suspension. Then I figured a set of tubular upper arms with adjustable shocks. The old standby was the VW axle.

Reply to
Steve W.

True, and if you can find one in the size you want which essentially carries the whole suspension, apart from perhaps upper control arm mounting points, on the K-member, so much the better. Mustang II (popular with hot rodders) and Chrysler F/M/J bodies come immediately to mind, but there are probably literally dozens of others.

Reply to
Steve

How about the front wheel fork and stuff from a large motorcycle like a Harley? Or, aircraft nose wheel assemblies, though most of them do not include brakes.

Reply to
Don Stauffer

Check out racing suppliers for the parts to build your own suspension.

Reply to
Steve Austin

You might want to take a look at

This guy did a lot of research type fabrication and might be able to give you some suggestions.

Reply to
HLS