HELP! '91 Ford E250 No-start: No fuel, pump not running

I also posted this in alt.autos.ford but then found this NG. Maybe someone can help?

Hello all, I just bought my first Ford van (I've always had VW autos) and it's been great. I brought it into my garage to change the shocks and put in a new battery which I did without a hitch. It also has a Ford factory alarm system (600 model.) I got the new shocks on, dropped it, put in the new battery and now it won't start. I pulled all the fuel lines one by one all the way back to the send/return coming from the main pump and there's nothing. There was no pressure either. I don't hear it run when I turn on the ignition either. It's cranking like a motha though. The fuse is fine and I checked the Safety shutoff which was not tripped. I even jumped the wires that plug into it. The one thing I haven't found or tested is the FP relay. I have a Chilton manual which kind of sucks and doesn't show the location of the thing. I plugged in the battery with the key in the ignition and turned to on so maybe I blew something then? Any ideas? Can someone at least point me to the location of the relay and how best to test it? Thanks a lot! I'll be on here a lot now...

Josh Clark

Reply to
Josh Clark

At the shop I work at, we had a '95 Ford windstar with asimial problem. It was actually in the wiring. Two or three wires were corroded. We had a hell of atime finding it though. Had to pull all the wiring from the harness. The inside of the car looked like a pile of spagetti. Sorry about the bad news, but maybe this would help.

Tim

Reply to
Tim Schoell