Please Help! Vacuum problem - 78 Monte Carlo

JK wrote in rec.autos.tech

Kind of thinking about putting together some type of website, I have seen some interesting sites, but none of them are what I would find most useful. Usually you have to dig a lot to get to what you want, and possibly miss it because it is misnamed or misfiled.

Reply to
Dick C

Check your local library. I've found a couple of the chilton's and "Motor" ones back then had vacuum diagrams in them.

If you wanted a Q&D way to test if it's got anything to with vacuum advance just disconnect it (and plug the line) for testing purposes - the car might idle bad but might give you some clues. You might also hook up the vacuum advance straight to the carb bypassing all the emissions stuff for testing - but that'll probably be WAY too much advance for regular driving - once again - testing only... don't leave it that way and complain when it starts pinging...

Ray

Reply to
ray

Reply to
Ken Hilson

I can't say I understand all of your post, but I get the idea. At least it gives me a starting point.

Reply to
JK

Reply to
Hank