reinstalling CD player shock absorbers

I had to disassemble the 6-CD player from my Mercedes to release a stuck CD. I've run into a little trouble though putting it all back together.

primary problem is the 4 little mushy rubbery cone-shaped shock absorbers that suspend the CD Player mechanism to the outer case. I had to pull off them off the metal pins on the CD Player itself in order to get access. They pulled off easily enough but I am not managing to get them back on now.

Is there a special toll one would use? Or is there a trick anyone can suggest? I can't push the metal posts in deep enough to catch on the rubber.

Peter

Reply to
peter

Sometimes a drop of liquid soap in the hole can do wonders...

Mike

86/00 CJ7 Laredo, 33x9.5 BFG Muds, 'glass nose to tail in '00 'New' frame in the works for '08. Some Canadian Bush Trip and Build Photos:
Mike Romain