Strange whining in 1995 Eagle Vision

I have a 1995 Eagle Vision ESi with about 131K miles on it. In the past few months it has starting to make a strange idle sound at idle. As I press on the accelerator, the whining sound goes away. It doesn't seem to have and correlation to engine RPM, rather it seems based on throttle position. There has been no noticeable change in the car's performance or fuel economy, it's just that the sound is starting to get annoying.

Thanks for any help.

Reply to
Cliff