Tech: '86 Chev Suburban Hazard Light doesn't work, turn and brake ok

Hi, I've not posted here before but I hope I got the right place.

I've got an '86 Chev Suburban and just noticed that the hazard lights aren't working, i.e. when I push the hazard switch in, nothing happens no dash indicators and no flash on the front or back turn signals. The turn signals and brake lights seem to be working ok, both front and back lights and dash indicators, just no hazard lights. I did notice that when the hazard lights switch is on, although the hazards aren't flashing, if I step on the brake pedal, then both dash turn indicators go on solid.

Suggestions?

Thanks in advance,

Alfred

Reply to
Bimm_May_Forbrich

hi same problem here any luck finding a solution?

erik snipped-for-privacy@rocketmail.com

Reply to
erik

I suspect '86 is new enough that the turn signals and hazard lights have separate flashers, so maybe the hazard flasher died ... Cheap enough to check?

Reply to
Brian Gordon

separate flashers,

My thought as well... seen it more than once w/ same symptoms

nate

Reply to
Nate Nagel

replying to Nate Nagel , erik wrote: separate flashers could be i haven't found 2 flashers in the fuse panel [IMG]

removing the flasher (bottom right) results in non working indicator lights

where could i locate the 2nd flasher, the fuses are all ok

Reply to
erik

You should look for the shop manual for the car. But most people don't. I went to the Autozone "repair" site and it says location for the hazard flasher is "Front seating area, driver side, under dash, mounted above fuse panel Application: Hazard flasher"

For turn signal, "Front seating area, driver side, under dash, driver side of steering column, mounted in convenience center Application: Turn signal"

That's for 1986 Chevrolet Truck C20 3/4 ton Sub 2WD 5.0L Carburetor OHV 8cyl.

Don't know how good this info is.

Reply to
Vic Smith

found it thanx to you all