Tire pressure detection

I got a tire pressure warning, and one was down to 22 psi. It has a slow leak, I now know. But after filling it and keeping it filled to

32, the warning never goes away.

Does it sense with a real pressure sensor, or by measuring rotation since the ABS does that anyway?

Reply to
Tom Del Rosso

Some cars use pressure sensors, some cars use tire rotation.

Reply to
Paul in Houston TX

I should have included that this is a 2002 LeSabre.

Reply to
Tom Del Rosso

Indirect monitor. Uses the same sensors as ABS.

Turn the ignition switch to RUN.

Press the GAGE INFO button on the Driver Information Center until "TIRE PRESSURE" appears on the display.

Press and hold the DIC RESET button for about five seconds. After five seconds, the display will show "TIRE PRESSURE RESET". If "TIRE PRESSURE RESET" does not appear in the display after about five seconds repeat the procedure. If it does not work after two tries, see Testing and Inspection. After you release the DIC RESET button, "TIRE PRESSURE NORMAL" will appear in the display. The system completes the calibration process during driving. Calibration time can take 45 to 90 minutes, depending on your driving habits. After the system has been calibrated, the system will alert the driver that a tire is low, up to a maximum speed of 65 mph.

Reply to
Steve W.

Isn't that great. It's THAT easy! See how simple that was.

No way to delay that "progress" comin' every day.

.

On what car?

That depends what model car it is.

--scott