2000 corolla problems

Ok were to start

I have a car that Im doing some working it had a code of missfire in the number 4 cylinder. so I desided to take it apart and look at it come to find out it had a burnt valve so i had the head done.

mean while Ive been tring to put it back together. Im sure i have the timing right all the marks are lined up so the engine is back together and no start. the injectors were leaking but i fixed that problem. now im kind of lost on were to go with this. The engine is a 1.8 L. It kind of sounds like it is just free spinning. that make me think that the timing is still off. The book says something about maybe having to turn the engine 360 degrees from the TDC point.

Please help Me. Im kind of an amature at this.

Reply to
twinkie_67432

First you might want to get an English-To-Whatever-The-Fuck-Language- You-Speak dictionary.

Reply to
Alotta Fagina

When you set the timing, the #1 cylinder should be at top dead center compression.

Reply to
Ray O

Wow. that was a big help.

Funny, I understood him just fine.

Too bad everyone in the WORLD doesn't speak American English for your convenience, eh?

Reply to
Hachiroku

======================== You want top dead center on the compression stroke. There is also a TDC on the exhaust stroke where the exhaust valve is open. (one full 360 deg. circle away from compression) You want TDC on compression so both valves would be closed. Then set up your marks.

Reply to
nospampls2002

Don't ask me.....I'm still trying to figure out whether the OP is an armature or an amateur.

Reply to
mack

You?re right that was very hard to read im sorry. Im stupid for not reading it before i sent it, I will try better next time.

"Ray O" wrote: >

Reply to
twinkie_67432