2000 Sienna Fuel Filter

Does anyone have any good way to re-attache the fuel filter intake end? Seems that you have to have precisely the right angle or the bolt will not thread. It's really frustrating, and I can't seem to get it started.

Reply to
cshort

Well, the deal is that you have to have precisely the right angle or the bolt will not thread. Haha. Thats a joke. We've added a show on Friday, be sure to come by. You're not the first. I've probably spent a cumulative year trying to thread line fittings on brakes, power steering, and fuel systems. They stink. These new composite quick-release fittings on new models are a godsend. You can make it easier by not competely tightening one side first. Just get a few threads started, then try the other side. You can also look up and down the line and see if there is a clip that you can loosen to get a little flexiblity in the pipe. Otherwise, have fun. By the by, are you the dude with all the misfire and lean codes? The one that Ray hates?

Reply to
qslim

I'm not real familiar with the Sienna, but on the Toys I own, the filter is in odd locations ('85 Celica under the intake plenum!)

What I do it start the bolt before I place the filter in the mount. I put it in loosely (making sure of course to install the crush wasahers properly!), get it finger tight, bolt it to the engine and then tighten the fittings.

Reply to
Hachiroku

I don't hate him, I'm just done giving advice that is ignored or results in insults.

Reply to
Ray O

And Ray I'm certainly not asking you for your assitance. To everyone else. I have replaced the coils, plugs, wires, and fuel filter. It is still running poor and the engine light is blinking. I am surrendering to the Toyota Service department. Thank you for all of your help.

Reply to
cshort

Think of all the time and money you could have saved if you had done that in the first place? ;)

mike hunt

Reply to
Mike Hunter

Man, this guy sure hates Ray. Don't feel bad, dude. I got the feeling from your most recent post involving that lean code that you may need a pro to plug in and see whats going on. Let us know what finally fixes it, though. And my offer to fix it for you still stands if you wanna come to DC.

Reply to
qslim

I appreciate that qslim, I don't feel I wasted that much $$$ as at 71k with virtually no money invested in this vehicle, except for tires, it was time for a tune up. I'd make the trip from Connecticut to DC if I was sure I'd make it! I'll let you know what the result is.

Reply to
cshort

No updates yet?

Reply to
njmodi

It goes in Friday morning.

Reply to
cshort

It was 4 out of 6 fuel injectors clogged, having them cleaned

Reply to
cshort

Wow.

How often should gas treatment be run through the tank (e.g., Chevron Techron)?

If I change the oil every 5K, is it too often to do it before every oil change?

Reply to
ll