2004 Corolla LE cruise control (reposted for new thread)

Sorry but it looks like my orig post got included in an old thread of a different topic for the same car model so I am reposting this with some modification to my original post because I just read more into this topic.

My daughter is asking me if she can have cruise control installed in her non-cruise controlled car? I just read now Toyota does not make a cruise control module; is this correct?

Upon further reading now, it appears that Gulf States Toyota does have an after-market kit for a 2003 model and I assume (not 100% sure tho) that this will fit a 2004??? The URL for Gulf States Toyota is

and the related part number for the 03 Corolla is 00012-01800 (I have not checked this link yet but this is what another person posted).

Reply to
observer

I had a cruise control installed in my 95 Geo/Corolla for about $300 here in KS. I would just check around at auto electric shops around your area and see what they can do for you if you don't want to do it yourself. I know I wouldn't have wanted to try to tackle it.

Reply to
Reasoned Insanity

As far as I know, Toyota does not make an add-on cruise control kit, probably because of potential reliability or liability issues.

When you are shopping for kits, pay attention to whether they work for the type transmission in your daughter's car, i.e., manual or automatic.

I would also shop for a kit that uses the existing factory connectors instead of crimp-on connectors, which are not as reliable and durable. The GST kit probably fits the factory connectors.

Reply to
Ray O