96 Camry ONE brake light occassionally stops working

Sometimes, my driver side brake light does not work and the orange warning light on the dash come on.

On occassions, the warning light goes away and mysteriously the brake light starts working again.

WHat could be the reasoning behind this and how do I fix it ??

All my other lights, including the center high-mounted center brake light and the passenger side brake light, work flawlessly.

My 96 camry is four door 4 cylinder automatic, if that helps.

Reply to
nicklooking

The bulb is probably loose in the socket, or the electrical spring contacts have lost tight pressure against the bulb (you can manually fix this).

Reply to
Mark A

Or, the filament in the bulb is close to burning out. Besides checking the socket, change the bulb. While you're back there, check the ground connection to make sure it is tight.

Reply to
Ray O

thanks guys, I will try out your suggestions. if the problem is this simple then I ma lucky.

I will let you know.

Reply to
nicklooking