blowing fuse

I have a toyotal corolla r reg. The side lights will not come on but all other lights work ok. The 15 amp fuse keeps blowing - all four bulbs appear to be ok any ideas thankyou

Reply to
anj&mike

FabianSi

If the fuse blows immediately or as soon as the lights are turned on, then there is a short to ground (earth) somewhere in the circuit. If there was any body repairs or aftermarket accessories installed, I would start by checking those areas for a damaged wire harness or a wire with damaged insulation.

Reply to
Ray O

there is a short to ground (earth) somewhere in the

I would start by checking those areas for a damaged

Funny how common it is to hear the negative side of a battery's electrical circuit called a "ground."

The ground, neutral, white wire, green wire and the earth are all the "common" side of the electrical circuit going back to the generators for our a/c power.

Dan

Reply to
Danny G.