Chevron Textron additive

Threaded View

I have a 2001 Prism with about 46,000 miles on it.  I only drive about
7,000 miles a year.  I last added the additive in February and filled
the gas tank (capacity 13 gallons).  How often should I add this?

                  ---MIKE---
 >> (44=B0 15'  N - Elevation 1580')

Re: Chevron Textron additive

I have a 2001 Prism with about 46,000 miles on it.  I only drive about
7,000 miles a year.  I last added the additive in February and filled
the gas tank (capacity 13 gallons).  How often should I add this?
=====================================
How about "never?"

Textron might clean dirty fuel injectors well enough to avoid having to
replace them; if you don't have this problem then you are just throwing away
money.

If you leave the car stored for more than about two months without driving
it, you should add some sort of fuel stabilizer .  Drive it around for five
or ten minutes before you park it.

Re: Chevron Textron additive

I have a 2001 Prism with about 46,000 miles on it.  I only drive about
7,000 miles a year.  I last added the additive in February and filled
the gas tank (capacity 13 gallons).  How often should I add this?

                  ---MIKE---
 >> (44 15'  N - Elevation 1580')
---------------

Actually, the product is Chevron Techron.  Textron is a huge conglomerate
that makes everything from military equipment to elevators to aircraft,
parts of the V-22 Osprey tilt rotor aircraft, etc.

I do not recommend regular and routine use of fuel injector cleaners because
it is not necessary.
--

Ray O
(correct punctuation to reply)

Re: Chevron Textron additive

The FTC forced Chevron to stop making claims about the product when Chevron
failed to supply supporting documentation to support its claims.

Richard.

Re: Chevron Textron additive

Techron.  Textron makes aircraft, golf carts, and lawn mowers.

Chevron recommends it every 3,000 miles, and the longest interval I
know of for similar products is 7,000 miles (STP cleaner?).   But
additives like this may not be necessary because the additive packages
found in gasolines are so good now that injectors, intake valves, and
combustion chambers stay clean.  Also injectors made in the past 10+
years are designed to be very clog resistant anyway.

Re: Chevron Textron additive

I have a 2001 Prism with about 46,000 miles on it.  I only drive about
7,000 miles a year.  I last added the additive in February and filled
the gas tank (capacity 13 gallons).  How often should I add this?

                  ---MIKE---
 >> (44 15'  N - Elevation 1580')

I only add it when my engine starts to ping, somewhere around 160,000 miles,
and then only till it stops.

Of course, that was 12 years ago in an '85 that had 190,000 miles on it with
'Old' gas.

Re: Chevron Textron additive

read up on Top Tier gasolines

http://www.toptiergas.com /

then decide whether or not you need to continue using Techron.

If you decide to keep using it, just once a year is all you need.

Site Timeline