Landcruiser Glow plug timer 60 series???

Wondering where the glow plug preheat timer is situated in a 60 series 1985 model landcruiser??? any help would be great thanks

Reply to
Lee

I found it in the passenger kickplate Does anybody have the testing procedure from the workshop manual for the timer unit? It has 13 pins out. Id love a copy thanks

Reply to
Lee

On Sat, 21 Oct 2006 12:11:20 +0930, Lee blathered on:

The relay you're looking for is behind the passenger LHS kick panel. BTW, it probably isn't malfunctioning:-)

Reply to
Toby Ponsenby

The glow plug control circuit is in the engine manual, presumably yours is the 2H? In any case there won't be any specific test procedure for the timer in isolation.

The fact you've got 13 pins suggests that what you've probably found is the timer plus the relay. It's also likely to be a simple matter of deciding where the problem is from the fault symptoms... which you haven't indicated.

Reply to
John_H

I can only help with 'lux stuff, which I have all the docs on. Just about to go to bed - can look too see if similar. Check your glow plugs - prolly burnt out.

Reply to
the_dawggie

'lux has a 9 pin connector with 6 pins used ... indicator lamp, relay feed, ignition, speed sensor (?), ground, charge fuse.

Euro versions seem to use around 10 pins from the docs, so that might be using a different connector, and be what you are after.

I've got some L/C factory manual I'll check too when I get home.

Other than that web, search might turn up stuff.

Reply to
the_dawggie

Coolant temperature sensor more likely -- the usual culprit when the timer doesn't time correctly.

Reply to
John_H

Found what I've got at home, the manuel ToyCo PN 36044E, which shows BJ60 and HJ60.

Weird however, as the timer only has four wires as far as I can see... (sorry for the picture qual, however I've got a crap cam and no scanner) ....

It does not appear that the timer does anything but control the lamp, the starter switch does has a position for plugs?

Reply to
the_dawggie