Programming '02 Solara Remote

I know this has probably been "worn out" on here over time and I'm sorry but I could not locate anything...Got a new remote (e-bay) for daughter's 2002 Toyota Solara SE with factory remote entry/security system and need to program it. FCC# GQ43VT14T It has the three buttons on the front and the panic button on the back. Any help will be greatly appreciated...Thanks in advance.

TJ

Reply to
Ptimjohn

Program Remote for 2002 Camry (and perhaps other Toyotas with sam

remote)

  1. Start with the key out of the ignition, driver door open an unlocked
  2. Insert the key and take it out - twice within 5 seconds
  3. Close and open the driver door - twice within 40 seconds
  4. Jump out and run around the car once as fast as you can (optional)
  5. Insert the key and take it out ? once
  6. Close and open the driver door - twice within 40 seconds
  7. Insert the key and close the driver door
  8. Turn the ignition to ?On? hold it for 1 second, turn to ?Off? (fo ?Add? mode)
  9. Remove the key
  10. Hold down both ?Lock? and ?Unlock? at the same time for one second
  11. Press ?Lock? within 3 seconds. (If the signal was recognized the locks will cycle once, if not the will cycle twice.)

You can program a maximum of 4 remotes. Do a fifth and you?ll loos the first.

To see how many are programmed: on step 7 switch between on and of (holding 1 sec in each position) 3 times. The locks will cycle onc for each remote that is programmed.

To erase all programmed remotes: on step 7 switch between on and of (holding 1 sec in each position) 2 times. (Say if you are replacing lost or stolen remote)

To erase all programmed remotes and disable the remote key entry syste all together: on step 7 switch between on and off (holding 1 sec i each position) 5 times

Reply to
Big D