Re-Badging Trunk Lid on 1998 Corolla

I need to know the exact ( or a close as possible ) measurements for my new badges on my repainted Corolla. I've already bought all the badges ( "Toyota"-on upper left side, "LE"- on upper right side, Logo-on Top Center, and letters C-O-R-O-L-L-A- in center of trunk ), just need to know where to put them.

Dummy me forgot to take measurements before I took them off before painting.

The ones I'm really concerned about getting exactly correct is/are the lettering in the center of the trunk and the logo badge.

Can someone measure and tell my how far from the bottom edge of the trunk lid, and how far from the left edge the C should start? Also how far from bottom/left the logo badge? Thanks

Reply to
stevelibert

Dummy you also forgot to take some photos (digital or otherwise) of the trunk lid before removing the badges. But not to worry...simply find another Corolla like yours and take pictures and measurements of IT. It's not as rare as a Bentley or even an Aston Martin, you know. Try a little original thinking and you'll be fine.

Reply to
mack

Wow thats so helpful..NOT! Could someone who isn't a troll help me out?

Reply to
stevelibert

The decals for trucks used to have alignment marks on the masking to align with the edge of body panels, door handles, ridges, etc. I'm assuming that the badges are adhesive-backed. Are there any alignment marks on the backing?

A variation of the post about the picture is to take a close-up with a ruler(s) next to the badges to provide measurements/references, or using paper to make templates.

If you want to gamble $10, you can go to techinfo.toyota.com and see if the info you are seeking is in the body repair/crash repair manuals. I would not bother with the regular factory service manual because I have never seen the info in a factory service manual.

Good luck!

Reply to
Ray O

I'm not a troll, Steve, but I'm not in the business of handholding someone lame enough not to figure out that he could probably find another nine year old Corolla within six blocks of his dwelling and ask the owner (kindly) if he could take some measurements of the car trunk's chrome letters. Jeez, have some gumption and don't bother somebody a continent away with a problem so easily rectified. Sorry if I ruffled your feathers.

Reply to
mack

No such luck. Thanks for your advice Ray. You're an asset to the group and always helpful on even trivial questions/problems.

Reply to
stevelibert

Thank you for your kind words. I'm not always right or successful, but I do try!

Reply to
Ray O