Trunk Lid Rust

Hello, I noticed that there is surface rust on the underside of the trunk of my Miata on either side of the license plate lights. Anyone else have this problem or know where it comes from? This is the only major rust I have found on the car. Mine's a '99, does it happen on other years or just this one?

Reply to
Craig

I got a little there myself. Considering I drive it all year in the snow, etc. I can't complain. Just sand it down and get some touch up paint on it. It's under the lid so it's not noticable if it's not perfect.

Reply to
Scott Streeter

Ah the joys of driving in southern California. The paint on my '91 Miata is starting to show it's age, but it doesn't show a single sign of rust.

I grew up in the upper midwest where cars rusted through in under 3 years. I recall spending one summer in high school fitting fiberglass front panels on my dad's 240Z that was only 4 years old.

Gus (91 BRG)

Reply to
Gus

Things have changed quite a bit, it seems. Cars simply don't rust like they did in the past. I always get a kick out of ads for two-year-old used cars that brag about it being a "rust-free Southern car"; the Midwest ones aren't rusty either.

Reply to
tooloud