Removing door panel to replace outside handle - 1995 Camry

Can anyone tell me how to remove my inside door panel so I replace a broken drivers side door handle? I have removed all the screws holding the panel in place, but the window winder is giving me some troubles. How do you remove the winder??

Reply to
pete0123

The window crank (what you call the "winder") is held in place with a C-shaped wire clip. If you push in on the door panel around the base of the crank, you may be able to see a piece of wire that is a little thicker in diameter than a large paper clip in a slot on the inside of the base of the crank. You may have to rotate the crank to see the end of the clip - I'd position the clip so that the openings are facing upwards. You can use a small screwdriver to pop one end of the C off of the crank - it moves parallel to on the face of the inner door panel, or you can use a rag like dental floss to snag one end of the clip. I recommend doing this with the door closed so that when the clip goes flying, it won't go as far and if you position the crank so that the openings are facing upwards, it will fly down towards the floor. To re-install the crank, first place the crank on the spline without the clip to roll the window up and position the crank as you would like it, then remove the crank, re-install the C clip in the slot on the crank, then pop the crank back on the spline.

Reply to
Ray O

Reply to
cjboerger