Rick Jones?

What happened to him? Always offered excellent advice.

Reply to
DonLogan

He offers it on his own message board. I lost the URL, but maybe someone else still has it. I'm still in email contact with him, so I'll ask.

Natalie

Reply to
Wickeddoll®

I think it is a Yahoo Group.

Reply to
Mark A

Here's his reply:

Wow, I'm humbled! ;D

URL is:

Rick via...

Natalie

Reply to
Wickeddoll®

No need.

" ..... It will leak, and the 3.4 will leak at the front of the drivers side, will even drip it on the oil filter and the opposite corner on the otherside, don't wait, and get it fixed, you may already even have as slow leak, look for some red residual stains on the timing cover from the antifreeze, the factory stuff leaves a red stain and a red crust if its enough, makes it easy to spot a leak..." " Always thought he batted a very good average. Why did I ask? Stream of consciousness

I wonder about the demographics of this group. I'm an original 93

4runner owner. I've followed this group since cylinder head gaskets were a problem (above). I've continued to just hang around. And a few name changes to protect the innocent.

I think the readership is made up of a big percent who are investigating, buying (new & used), & checking back. Then it gets smaller as they just drive, troubleshoot or trade.

A worthwhile out/offshoot of this group (for the stalwarts) might be knowing the actual running costs for these machines. Albeit most have traded up & moved on. But for the new guys & diehards who are still around and are still reading, I bet they have spreadsheets. Cause they are literate.

I run my maintenance schedule through my spreadsheet. And I record the "parts" that get replaced. Rads, bumpers (running cost? hahah), electric motors, sensors.. I still prefer the dealer to do the work ( I've used alternatives infrequently, with bad results). I'm older and I outsource.

So it's a "piece of piss" to figure out the running costs of a my truck - year to year or by major miles/kilometers. It never had to go through the teenage years! But I've had to fight the elements (salt).

I'd be happy to act as a clearing house & consolidate any data that is sent to me. So please send me your excels. I'll set up a mechanism & e-mail back updated summaries Twice a week.

And I'm glad Rick is alive and well. I'll mosey on over there.

"Wickeddoll®" wrote:

Reply to
DonLogan

OOOO quoting him. I won't tell him about that part - his ego would spiral out of control :-)

We were original Corolla FX 16 owners (It still lives, but with my mother these days) What's your former nick(s)? Or do I wanna know? hehehe

That's cuz the things don't fall apart...

*nodding*

Same here, for routine stuff. The more expensive stuff is usualy WAY higher. We just try to gauge how disasterous it would be if

And avoid idjits on the road.

Lemme know how you do that - I can't join another group or message board, but might wanna look at your stats.

I'm sure he'll welcome you

Natalie

Reply to
Wickeddoll®