The best way to fix the GM mess...

Works for me

Natalie

Reply to
Wickeddoll

I don't think Toyota will touch GM. This may be another story born in the internet. I don't see where Toyota would benefit from such a deal as to take on this behemoth with so much dead weight. GM is better off to struggle along with their own problems. They are watching Northwest airlines and how they are sacking the unions. After the canx union contracts then GM will be able to once again regain at least some viability. It will take a few years.

Reply to
dbu.

You really think they're coming back as strongly as ever? I see big-time downsizing as their only hope.

Natalie

Reply to
Wickeddoll

If by downsizing you mean eliminating divisions, then I agree. I think GM may be able to survive if they eliminate Pontiac, GMC, and perhaps Saturn. Ford could do the same thing by eliminating Mercury.

Reply to
High Tech Misfit

I've seen a lot of articles and post speculating about how Toyota's management thinks, and whether Toyota would acquire an equity stake in GM. This is the most accurate description I've read in a long time, and as I've said before, Toyota does not want to see GM or Ford go under. As the article mentions, it is unlikely that Toyota would acquire an equity stake in GM. My guess is that Toyota will offer GM the rights to use Toyota's hybrid technology in the short term and form more NUMMI-like joint ventures in the mid term so that the JV's will produce more and more GM products.

Reply to
Ray O

I see a lot of saturns on the road, maybe they should keep the saturn line and the small truck group and dump the rest. The little saturn suv model looks good as does their smaller car. What would be the problem with keeping saturn?

Reply to
dbu.

Interesting. Thanks.

Natalie

Reply to
Wickeddoll

I've seen more Saturns than anything else for sale in want-ads....maybe they should dump them?

Natalie

Reply to
Wickeddoll

You're welcome!

Reply to
Ray O

Unlike GMs divisions, Mercury is mostly only a sales Division. The vehicles are designed and made alongside Fords. Mercury sales are up over 2004 in any event.

mike hunt

Reply to
Mike Hunter

Mike Hunter trolled:

[top-posting deleted, unread]
Reply to
<mh

Hey, Scott, we got another Liberal Ninny Net Nanny.

Charles of Schaumburg

Reply to
n5hsr

You go to a lot of trouble to NOT read a post.

Reply to
badgolferman

We sure do!!!!!

Reply to
Scott in Florida

Actually the only person that can delete a post for the net is the original poster. Even that is not always possible Kill the messenger the Pharaoh ordered LOL

Reply to
Mike Hunter

Somehow I doubt you give a sh*t....LOL

Reply to
Scott in Florida

Yes considering others can still read the post ;)

mike hunt

Reply to
Mike Hunter