Toyota Rear View Mirror Removal How to

The question hasn't been posted recently, but I thought I would post the answer for the archives. The rear view mirror used on my Toyota Highlander has a small slot located at the bottom right side of the bracket, and by using a small flat screwdriver you can remove the mirror. It is held in place by a piece of spring steel which doesn't allow the mirror to be removed. If you push the screwdriver up and to the left, you'll feel tension on the screwdriver. Push the mirror up towards the ceiling, and the mirror will pop free. I say "pop" because when mine came loose, I hit myself in the face with the mirror. Pretty hilarious, huh?

Reply to
sydney