Where is the fuse located??

Where is the fuse for the clock on a 2000 Sienna XLE located? Thanks for the help!

Reply to
Wes Chormicle

The fuse for the clock is located in the fuse box.

I believe the Sienna has 2 fuse boxes, one under the driver's side of the dashboard and one in the engine compartment. Check the dome fuse.

Reply to
Ray O

Al the fuses look good. Could it be the clock??

Reply to
Wes Chormicle

Fuses can be defective. Try a new one OF THE SAME SIZE. No fooling around because you don't have time to go get the right kind. Or, test the existing one with a meter.

Reply to
JoeSpareBedroom

You have not mentioned whether or not there is a problem with the clock, you just asked where the fuses are.

The clock is on 2 different circuits: The actual clock is on a circuit that is always hot - I believe that this is the dome circuit. The other circuit for the clock is the display circuit, and I believe this is the same circuit as the instruments or the radio.

If the clock display does not work, then check power coming to the clock.

Reply to
Ray O

And small car "ATO Style" fuses can crack and go open at the ends where the two plug-in contacts meet the fuse element - and not visibly "blow". They'll look perfect to the naked eye, but not to the electrons trying to go through. Use a test light.

-->--

Reply to
Bruce L. Bergman

I *knew* SOMEONE was going to say this!

Too bad you beat me to it! ;)

Reply to
Hachiroku

Sorry, I couldn't resist.

Reminds me of one night when we were watching a movie about a city guy who ends up with a dog sled team, and during one of the scenes where the dogs are running through the snow, my wife asked why the dogs wore little booties. I told her "because big booties would fall off."

Reply to
Ray O

;-)

-->--