Yaris followup

got 39.1 MPG 3/4 highway and 1/4 city driving.

Starting to really like the way it handles and drives. hopefully it will last me a long time.

Reply to
Butternut Squash

Not so sad about the '87 Accord any longer? You do recognize that the Yaris platform is a lot more crash worthy than that old Accord. Not to mention fuel efficient.

Reply to
ACAR

I would like to test drive the Yaris, is your Yaris a automatic or standard shift? Coupe or sedan?

Does it feel like it has some power, for a 3 cylinder?

Thanks

Tom

Reply to
twfsa

The July 2006 issue of Popular Mechanics compared the Yaris sedan, Honda Fit Sport, Nissan Versa 1.85, and Kia Rios SX.

PM described the Yaris as a "pint size Camry." It was the quickest 0-60 and got the best fuel mileage of the 4 vehicles tested, and the most boring to drive. They liked the Honda Fit Sport as most fun to drive.

BTW, the Yaris has a 1.5 liter in line 4 cylinder, not a 3 cylinder.

Reply to
Ray O

Is that a variant on the old 4A they used to use in the Tercel?

Charles of Schaumburg.

Reply to
n5hsr

Not really a lot of power compared to my old 90 Acura. I miss being able to zip around people. It's enough to get around town with.

I have the sedan and when you're driving it, it really does not feel like you're in a small car. And the car reeks of toyota quality everywhere.

Reply to
Butternut Squash

yeah but in a lot of ways ( think the honda had a much nicer ride. I am enjoying the cd player. first I've ever had in a vehicle.

Reply to
Butternut Squash

I believe the Yaris has the 1NZ-FE engine, a variant of the 1NZ-FXE internal combustion engine portion of the Prius' Hybrid Synergy Drive.

Reply to
Ray O