Have a question or want to start a discussion? Post it! No Registration Necessary. Now with pictures!
- Posted on
- 1994 Camry A/C
May 2, 2004, 10:54 pm
rate this thread
Re: 1994 Camry A/C
-lack of refrig charge (low head-pressure) due leaking or just too many
years without a system check/eveac/recharge
- too much head-pressure, altho this usually come and goes as the AC system
experiences an overheat on a hot for example.
- the thermostat has thrown in the claw, refusing to tell the AC control the
car cabin temp is too high
- an electrical fault somewhere in the system, such as a break or open
- compressor clutch has failed
You will need a manual to easily do these checks:
I'd start by checking for volts (battery=+12v0 at the compressor clutch. If
its there then the clutch is knackered. If not, then you need to check for a
fuse failure (get a manual for quick location of said fuse-box). If the
supply is OK,..next check for relay problems tho these rarely fail,..barring
that, check for probs in the control system ie thermostat failed, or a
protective shutdown is in effect etc...
- » jeep grand cherokee automatic gearbox
- — The site's Newest Thread. Posted in » Automotive Technologies