'95 LE with Electrical Problems

The car is a '95 LE with a 4 cylinder (5S-FE) engine and automatic transmission.

When I shift it into Reverse the reverse lights don't turn on as well as the indicator light on the instrument panel (between the tachometer & the speedometer), but sometimes when I play with the shift knob a little both the indicator light & the 2 reverse lights turns on then turns off again. It isn't a fuse problem because I've checked every single fuse. And it's not a bulb problem. I'm assuming that there might be a problem along the wiring or maybe a sensor device underneath the shifter that triggers the indicator light and the reverse lights.

Does anyone have any suggestions as to what the problem might be? If so, I would appreciate it if you could also list (in detail) the complete procedures on the application. Thanks.

Reply to
Rhyne Pascual

bulb problem. I'm assuming that there might be a problem along the wiring

First place to check for wiring problems is the wire harness at the trunk hinge (left side). Frequent flexing can cause wire strands to break resulting in intermittent problems. Try gently pulling on the wiring harness to see if that will trigger the problem. If so, you need to open it up and solder in a new link of wire to replace the worn or broken portions.

Reply to
Daniel M. Dreifus