1993 Sentra with electrical problems

Car turned over but wouldn't start. I had it towed to a mechanic. I was told I needed a fuel pump.

With this new problem it needed about $1000 worth of repairs before I could have it inspected.

I decided to do the repairs myself.

Since I had it towed it back, I now have electrical problems: the starter spins without turning over the motor and instead of all the red lights coming on when I turn on the ignition, the starter spins and no warning lights come on at all.

I checked the fuses - the audio fuse was blown and when I inserted a new one, it blew as I put it in.

the mechanic who diagnosed the fuel pump problem said he didn't do anything to the electrical system.

Any suggestions would be helpful.

Thanks, WRI

Reply to
KTT