Various electrical problems with 940

I have a 940 SE Turbo.

Recently I've had some problems where the SRS light on the dash turns on intermittently.

When the light is on, the idle drops too low and the car eventually stalls.

If a tap the dash console, the light goes off and everything works ok.

I've had a Volvo service garage analyse the SRS unit but it comes up without error.

The key/ignition module has been tested and it is fine too.

The dash has been dismantled and examined for physical faults, without success.

Also, every few weeks/months the battery goes completely dead, after leaving it for a maximum of 16 hours.

Along with this, the key fob works intermittently. The fob itself is fine, but I have the problem of 9/10 times I have to be 2 inches from the sensor to get it to work. Sometimes it doesn't work at all.

Does anyone have any advise as to what to do? I need to sell the vehicle but I can't in it's present state. I've had a Volvo service station examine it but they couldn't find anything wrong.

Thanks

Reply to
Pliskin

Most of your problems sound like low voltage.You need to check the battery

and the charging.It may also be worth checking the earthing of lots of electrical itemsaround the car with a meter.

Reply to
groovy