AC button flashing on 04 Camry

I drove my 04 Camry on high water flood road. After I pass the road, the AC button started to flashing, and the AC automatically shut off. Thirty minutes later I stop my car and start again, the AC function came back to normal, and no more flashing. Does driving over high water flood road cause AC problem? Do I need to bring my Camry to service dealer to have it check out?

Reply to
Kevin

I believe that what happened is that the water got up into the engine compartment, and caused the A/C drive belt to slip on its pulley. This then caused the electronics to detect a "fault" condition because the compressor shaft was not turning at the proper RPM due to the slip....and it flashed the light in the button to report that something was amiss.

After it dried out, the belt worked fine again and all was well....hence no more flashing light.

Pretty normal behavior under those circumstances, based on my experiences with my Camrys.

Reply to
Justa Lurker

100% correct. If the belt slips, the system deactivates until a shut down and restart.

Happened all the time in REALLY heavy rain conditions on my old Camry but not the newer one.

Joe in Northern, NJ - V#8013-R

Currently Riding The "Mother Ship"

Ride a motorcycle in or near NJ?

Joe