Cheap tire ? & observation

Have an '03 LE 4-cyc. with the original junk Bridgestone Potenza RE92.

Have noticed the outside edge wear on these tires and thought it was alignment or something with the Camry. But after a somewhat bored afternoon searching through tire reviews, I am finding that a lot of the "cheap" entry level tires are garnering the same complaints -- Outside edge wear.

Would it possibly not have anything to do with the car, but possibly with the construction methods used for the lesser tires?

Reply to
Tim J. Johson

My 2001 Avalon came with excellent Michelin MXV4 plus tires. Same as what I have on my 300M. But the crappy front end of the Avalon ate up the tires in

20k miles. The 300M tires look new at 30k miles.

Reply to
Art

Did you get the front end realigned when you replaced the OEM tires? Art, there is also the small difference in comparing FRONT TIRE WEAR of a front wheel drive car to that of a rear wheel drive car.

Bet you didn't think there would be a difference in front tire wear rate between the two ... despite the feeble attempts your about to post to the contrary. Idiot Liberal. ;-)

--

-Philip

Art wrote:

Reply to
Philip

I have a goodyear regatta 2 on a camry 93. rotated twice after like 30k miles but it still looks good. no flat spots or eating up at any side.

Reply to
skewe.rm

Philip,

Like most dufus right wing fringe Republicans, you are wrong again. Both cars are front wheel drive. On the otherhand, the new 300 is indeed rear wheel drive and a 4WD version is due soon. But my Avalon and 300M are both front wheel drive. And yes when I had the new tires installed on the Avalon I had the car aligned and it did indeed need it. Considering that the roads are good here and this is the first car that I've owned that needed alignment in 15 years (maybe longer), I'd say it is more proof that the Avalon sucks.

Reply to
Art