Coolant and Transmission Fluid change.

I took my wifes 2004 Camry (4 cyl.) LE to the dealer for an oil change, tire rotation, and brake inspection at about 19,000. There were no apparent problems with the car. The service rep told me everything was fine, but they recommended a radiator drain and new coolant installed along with a transmission service where they replace about 5 quarts of fluid. I didn't have it done since I thought it was too soon and the transmission was running fine and the fluid looked good and red and had no burned smell. The car will be about 3 years old this Dec. 31. Should I have said OK to either of these services? I thought I could safely go another year on the coolant, and I also though it is much too early for any kind of transmission service. Incidentally, the dealers price for the two services was about $150. Al

Reply to
Al

Hom much is the disposal fee?

Reply to
Stubby

And im sure it was tap and not distilled water, distilled would have brought your price to 315. Dealers are rip offs. Draining your trans through the dain plug is a good idea. it might take a few quarts and cost you 30$ at your local honest oil change place. You filter and pan drop should wait.

Reply to
m Ransley