Front passenger power window

(1) Where can I get reasonably a priced after-market power window motor/regulator ass'y from online?

(2) Can anyone provide guidance in replacing the same?

Reply to
James Meyer

Well I don't know how to get a cheap regulator, but I just replaced a drivers side regulator on a 92 camry. I can tell you how to remove the drivers side door panel. You didn't say what year your car was. For the 92 Camry you remove 2 screws on right edge of door, and 3 along pull arm, one hidden behind red light on handle , use flat tipped screwdriver to pop out. Along left edge of door is 2 "push pins" use an awl or phillips screwdriver to push in center of plastic retainer then pull out. And then there are differences. You now need to remove the trim around handle If you have no screw visible there is a trick. You pull door release lever outward and put flat tipped screwdriver in space that opens up when you pull handle out and pull outward on bottom of trim. Then trim should come out on bottom. Now you go to top of trim (between trim and handle) and pry upward with flat tipped screwdriver while pulling top of trim outward, this should release trim around handle. Now you yank left and bottom edges of door with fingers outward and door should now be loose. Then you pull panel upward from where it goes into top where glass is. Now you should have panel loose and now disconnect any wiring holding panel to door. Regulator is metal track with window holder that goes along track . track secured to door with 3 10 mm nuts or bolts. Don't forget to remove window glass from track and let rest on horizontal pipe along door iniside, be careful dont knock glass down. Then loosed screws from track. From track a steel cable runs to motor and cable reel remove 3 bolts from it and then remove regrulator and motor assemby (unplug motor also). Once removed you see round metal plate with tabs that should be pryed out to remove cable reel from motor. Now install new cable reel (part of regulator) and put on new reel cover and crimp tabs. Now reverse procedure.

Reply to
edmechanic