Help!! Power window parts? Where?

I know this is not a Ford question but does anyone know where I can find the plastic parts that are glued onto the bottom of my Olds Alero power window that allow it to go up and down. Somehow, both of them broke off and nothing is grasping the window. No one was answering on the Olds forum. I would think it would have to be someplace where body shops order from. Thanks so much

Reply to
ankhe105

I would ask in alt.autos.gm, but I think they will tell you any chev or pontiac dealer can order your parts. I wouldnt be surprised if you have to buy a complete regulator or much more than you need though.

Reply to
Scott

Interesting shortcut using "mirror" bonding technology. The older fords I've seen have holes in the glass.

But as said, under the skin, it's a GM and all the sister models should be the same.

"Scott" wrote in news: snipped-for-privacy@corp.supernews.com:

Reply to
Backyard Mechanic

Thanks folks. Scott, I'm a computer dummy. How do I get to alt.autos.com? I typed it in

and nothing came up.

Reply to
ankhe105

"ankhe105" wrote in news: snipped-for-privacy@localhost.talkaboutautos.com:

go to google, select 'groups"..

this is a news group... where LONG before the web was invented folks came to trade information..

If you have

Reply to
Backyard Mechanic

How did you get to alt.autos.ford in the newsgroups? I get them on my newsreader, I can see where your post comes from but it's unfamiliar to me. You want alt.autos.gm if you can do this.

Reply to
Scott

How do I get to alt.autos.com? I typed in

and nothing came up. ________________________________________________

There is no such thing as -------------> alt.autos.com

The assisting poster directed you to --> alt.autos.gm which is a newsgroup. Connect to alt.autos.gm in your newsreader the same way you reached this newsgroup (alt.autos.ford).

Good luck.

Rodan. _____________________________________________________

Reply to
Rodan

get the parts at a salvage yard

Reply to
Alan Johnson

Thanks guys. I found alt.autos.gm. I was so simple, I couldn't figure it out. LOL! I posted on there so we'll see. Salvage yard is out of the question as they are bonded so well to the window, they would be destroyed getting them off and I surely don't need the whole window. I have never had this happen in any other car and am very unhappy with GM. I left a message on their site that said they get back to you in 48 hrs. That was about a week ago. These cheap things broke 1000 miles past warranty and also the front brake pads at the same time. Very poor IMO. Thanks for letting me vent.

Reply to
ankhe105

"ankhe105" wrote in news: snipped-for-privacy@localhost.talkaboutautos.com:

"also the front brake pads at the same time. Very poor

if you got 37k out of ur pads u went further than most on that platform......i replaced many at 20k........kjun

Reply to
KjunRaven

Damn Kjun!! That's pathetic! This Alero was driven mostly by my daughter and women are worse on brakes for the most part. (sorry ladies). I got almost 90K out of my Escort brakes. Did you turn the rotors on those cars that got only 20K?

Reply to
ankhe105