Highlander center dash panel reattachment.

I recently replaced my factory installed 2002 Highlander radio with an aftermarket one from Crutchfield. The installation of radio and it's cradle went exactly to plan. I let some professional installers take care of the door speakers, they did a good job as well.

I noticed that the center dash panel, which surrounds the heating controls and radio unit, is no longer flush with the surrounding dash. One side or both sides (left and/or right) protrudes about 1/2 inch from adjacent surfaces. I don't think I did anything in error while removing it.

All eight clips (four up top around the hazard and passenger seat belt lights, two below the center vents on the sides and two at the bottom below the radio) that attach the back of the panel into their retaining slots on the dash are intact.

How can I get this panel securely back in place so the clips hold? The new radio install does not appear to be out of alignment or causing any protrusion and I know I'm aligning the clips up with their respective slots.

Thanks!

Reply to
Rush Wickes