300M center dash speaker replacement

We are getting a rattle in the front center dash tweeter in our 300M with Infinity sound system. We have already replaced the two front door speakers. How do you access the center speaker??? Can you lift the top of the dash up? Maybe if we replace enough speakers, we can make it sound as good as our old 96 LHS with the same system. Thanks.Leon

Reply to
Bunky Monk

We are getting a rattle in the front center dash tweeter in our 300M with Infinity sound system. We have already replaced the two front door speakers. How do you access the center speaker??? Can you lift the top of the dash up? Maybe if we replace enough speakers, we can make it sound as good as our old 96 LHS with the same system. Thanks.Leon

Reply to
Steve

We are getting a rattle in the front center dash tweeter in our 300M with Infinity sound system. We have already replaced the two front door speakers. How do you access the center speaker??? Can you lift the top of the dash up? Maybe if we replace enough speakers, we can make it sound as good as our old 96 LHS with the same system. Thanks.Leon

Reply to
Old Car

I have had no problems with my 300M sound system. I consider it the best I've ever had in a car. Only one Beetle's tune seems to be too much for the right hand door tweeter and I suspect it is just one bad CD.

Steve

Reply to
Art

We had a 94 LHS with the infinity and it sounded awful. Plus the door panels constantly vibrated from the speakers. Our 300M sound system is much better. But the rear seats in the LHS could not be beat.

Reply to
Art

Hmm, I have a 300M with Infinity speakers !

They sound really good to my ears, tons of bass. Actually I had to turn the bass down a little (and the treble up) to get the best overall sound. I like it!

JimR

"Art" skrev i en meddelelse news:1pd9e.12379$ snipped-for-privacy@newsread1.news.atl.earthlink.net...

Reply to
JR

There were different Infinity systems available back then. The best one had the electronics that gave the "concert hall" effect. Which one did you have?

I get many compliments about the Infinity system in my 94 Intrepid. The only problem I have is that I have the PHP (Performance Handling Package) which allows excessive road noise to enter the cabin.

Reply to
Old Car

Reply to
mic canic